Wednesday, December 22, 2010

all this for Santa?

So last week, I packed all three kids up and we made our way over to the mall to take pictures with Santa. They seemed excited to go see him, even though I knew that Jesse would NEVER sit on his lap. In my mind, I had envisioned this picture with Annie and Molly both on Santa's knees and Jesse sitting on my knee...all smiling and telling Santa what they wanted for christmas.
We rode the Christmas train before going to see the big man and the kids did great! But as soon as we walked over to Santa Annie and Jesse both started screaming and running away. Of course I just had to have a picture, so I put Molly on Santa and picked up annie and Jesse and sat next to Santa. Molly started screaming and Jesse was trying to squirm away (as you can see) but we got a picture...noone ever told Santa what they wanted.
Molly didn't stop screaming for 45 minutes after sitting on Santa. She even started getting these little red dots all over her forhead (which I later found out is perfectly normal and it is just blood vessels...yes, I asked the Dr. about this) and we all thought that she may have been allergic to Santa and was breaking out in some weird rash. After Annie threw a fit (something about a pretzel), we all finally calmed down enough to feed molly and take a little playground break. All in all, I would say it was a good trip to the mall!
Here are a few more pictures.

BTW: I am soooo thankful to have such wonderful helpful friends...when I am feeling overwhelmed they seem to really lighten the load!

No comments: