Monday, June 27, 2011

Celebrating MawMaw

My maw-maw passed away at the age of 90! She had 2 sons, 1 daughter, 9 grandkids and 20 great grandkids. She had many talents. Everyone in our family has a wardrobe full of clothes that have a little tag on the back that says made with love by mawmaw! (my kids are still wearing some of these clothes). Besides just her talents, the love that she had for my G-paw is something that I will always always carry with me. They were such an inspiring example of true love and what a marriage should look like....unselfish, patient, happy...! My g-paw passed away 27 years ago and for 27 years she has been saying she is ready to go be with her John. I can't imagine living 27 years with Tanner.
The whole family got together in New Orleans to celebrate the life of mawmaw! It was such a great weekend, getting to see everyone and meet new baby cousins that we have not even met yet! I will forever miss my mawmaw!
Mawmaw and G-paw started this...



Since we were already in New Orleans, of course we stayed a few extra days! We had a blast, as always especially because Max, Amelia, Veronica and Katie were there! Here are some pictures from our trip.




No comments: