Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Annie!

4 years have gone by since I held Annie for the first time. I can't even begin to imagine how that is possible, yet here we are at age 4!
Annie may have quite possibly been the easiest baby ever. She never cried when we put her down to go to sleep. She would take 2 and 3 hour naps. She started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks, and never, not one time woke up crying during the night. At the time I was so thankful for full nights sleep b/c I heard horror stories from other moms walking living on 2 hours of broken sleep.
Then came the toddler stage, which started at about 15 months for Annie! And WOW...I guess you can't have a super easy baby and a super easy toddler! haha! Annie was so emotional that sometimes I thought I was going to throw the tantrum! ;-)
Now, at age 4 she still does everything hard...she plays hard, she cries hard, she laughs hard, she loves hard and I love this about her. She LOVES life and gets excited about everything. She is a beautiful little girl on the inside and out and I am so proud of her!
I pray daily that Annie will be a strong girl and will stand up for what is right. I pray already for her husband and her friends now and her future friends that they will help build her up. I pray that she continues to see the good in life. And I pray above all that she will just be kind!
She amazes me with her love of dance and all things girls....b/c I was never like this growing up. But it is OK if she is girly! (I actually really enjoy it!)



And with all that girlyness, she still loves to get dirty and run barefoot! She has some tomboy mixed into her too!

I am so proud that she is Jess and Molly's big sister. And even though she sometimes get frustrated with all the responsiblities that come along with being a big sister, she sure does love them!

We love you so much Annie Ashdown Brock!

P.S. We are having sausage and quinoa for her birthday dinner on her request! I don't know why but I thought that was so funny!

No comments: