Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mardi Gras Mambo!

We just back home from New Orleans and I am trying to think of how to sum up our trip in a few words! How do you sum up a week in a condo with 6 kids 4 and under? Lack of sleep would be a good place to start! But even on top of the chaos that just comes along with all those kids needing different things at different times or with the madness of trying to get them all dressed and out the house to go watch a parade with a zillion other people, it was a pleasant week!

My sister and I got to finally meet each other babies, spend some quality time together, and all the kids played so well together! Besides, it just doesn't get much better than being at home, in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. I am so happy that my kids are getting to experience some of the these same memories that I have from when I was a kid...because Mardi Gras really was/is the best time of the year!
My babies ready to go to the parade!
Mardi Gras Molly!
They loved the ladder and getting to catch stuffed animals was the highlight!
While were in New Orleans we also went to the zoo...
I love this picture...
Annie said the giraffes were her favorite!
Happy Mardi Gras!
Cousins are the best!
The street cars are also a favorite activity! I love this picture that my dad took of Molly!
The best part of the whole trip home was having Molly baptized in New Orleans. It was so special to do this in the place where I grew up!

As always...until next time...New Orleans I love you!










1 comment:

Amber said...

That is so sweet! I love that Molly was baptized in New Orleans. Your kids are absolutely adorable, Corey. And I know you are exhausted because my two WEAR ME OUT!